Topic: PacketProtector Light 1.0!!!
PacketProtector Light 1.0 is available here-
This firmware is optimized for routers with 4MB of flash and 16MB of RAM (e.g. the Linksys WRT54GL). Here's what you get-
* a stateful firewall (iptables)
* intrusion prevention (Snort-inline)
* remote access VPN (OpenVPN)
* anti-phishing (OpenDNS)
* automatic updates (for Snort)
* a local certificate authority (OpenSSL)
* secure management interfaces (SSH and HTTPS)
* advanced firewall scripts for blocking IM and P2P apps
* IP spoofing prevention (Linux rp_filter)
* basic protocol anomaly detection (ipt_unclean)
The Snort-inline startup is still a bit of a kludge, but it works well. There isn't much room left on a 4MB flash so the Snort rules are stored in /tmp, and fetched from snort.org on each reboot (when auto-updates are enabled).